Tuesday 2 October 2007

Visit to Buddhist Places of Worship in Nepal India Sri Lanka

Dear all,

I just wanted to let you know how I spent my Summer holidays. I went to Nepal to appoint the first ever Buddhist "Religious Teachers" and was there for 10 days. We suceeded to appoint two good RTs and I met so many Nepali Buddhist in Kathmandu and visited many beautiful Buddhist sites: Bauddhanat, Swayambhunath, Pokra, Lumbini and many more Gumbas. T

he most exciting news was now the Buddhists in Nepal are becoming freer to express their idnetity unlike before. Before it was a "Hindu Kingdom" and officially all had to be Hindus whether they like it or not. Thanks to the chaning world things are fast changing.

Though Kathmandu is highly poluted city Rural Nepal is such a beautiful country and people are so friendly and hospitable too. I have a lot to tell you about their Buddhist upbringing etc. which I will tell you in my next writing.

No comments: